The best things in life are also the simplest. Only three ingredients make up the filling in this empanada: bacon, eggs, and cheese (plus a hint of chipotle pepper). With 12g of protein, and made with uncured, nitrate-free bacon, this empanada is so delicious it was Featured on WGN’s Chicago’s Best. This empanada gets major thumbs up from young picky-eaters and it's a fantastic breakfast option.
4.2 oz Empanada
- Bakes in 25 min, no thawing or preparation required.
- Plan one empanada for breakfast.
- Shipped frozen to your door. Keep frozen for up to 6 months.
Crust: cassava-root starch, rice flour, cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, annatto, corn starch), milk, butter (cream, salt), eggs, tomato paste (tomatoes), sea salt.
Filling: 100% pastured eggs, 100% pastured bacon, cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes, annatto, corn starch), chipotle pepper.
Made with 100% pastured eggs from Vital Farms (www.vitalfarms.com) or Chino Valley Ranchers (www.chinovalleyranchers.com)
- Certified humane raised and handled
- Hens forage outdoors year-round
- Minimum 108 sq ft outdoor space per bird.
Made with 100% pastured bacon from Finn's Ranch (www.finnsranch.com)
- No antibiotics, no added hormones, no preservatives. Vegetarian fed.
Allergens: contains dairy, eggs. Prepared in a facility that processes nuts.
Total fat: 23g